Forum Discussion

12 days ago

MYOB Essentials- GST Number not displaying on Invoices.

Hi, 
Since the upgrade on MYOB Essentials, I am having problems with the invoice template. It has dropped the GST number and clients are starting to email me about it. I go into the settings and check it.. 2 things..
1. - The gst number if selected in the settings still doesn't show on the exported pdf
2. - It doesn't label the number "GST #" with a heading. So it's just a random number under my details.

Help please.

Thanks,
Matt

6 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi mattsupple,

Thanks for your post.

I understand the frustration you're experiencing with the invoice template after the MYOB Essentials upgrade. If you can attach a screenshot of the GST number being selected in the settings but not showing in an exported PDF. 

With your other concern about the GST number not having a heading, it's the same thing with your business details showing on an invoice. You may refer to the screenshot below.

The above screenshot shows how your business details were arranged, and the same with your other details; it doesn't have a heading like trading name, business name, phone number, etc. We haven't received any updates yet for when a GST number heading will be implemented.

Best regards,

Doreen

mattsupple
      User

Hi Doreen,

Thanks so much for your help on this. I just took screenshots, but I noticed an error this time after I saved the GST settings. Still no title for GST even if it was to work

mattsupple
      User

This is what my invoices looked like before the upgrade.

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi mattsupple,

Thanks for providing the requested screenshots.

I have removed the screenshots from your post as your business details are visible on the invoices you have attached. Upon checking the first screenshot, it has no GST number besides the actual number since it was made after an upgrade in MYOB Business/Essentials (New). This is because the option to put the GST number title besides the actual number is not yet available. However, I don't have a specific timeframe for when the option will be available.

While the second screenshot refers to the MYOB Business/Essentials (Old), a feature to have the GST number title was available.

Lastly, the error message you receive when saving the invoice template can be fixed by following the steps in this link.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen