Forum Discussion

3 years ago
Solved

Change window sizes

I have been using MYOB since Version 5, and I recently update MYOB to  Version 2019.3 and Win10.  I have a smaller monitor size (I don't need a large monitor) and find the Command Centre window, and any of the others, annoyingly large, taking up more than the available MYOB desktop screen, which means that every time I move through the window I have to go to the slide at the side of the whole MYOB desktop window to move down to record what I have typed in. I cannot see eg, the whole Enter Sales window, including the Record and Cancel buttons,  if I can see the top of the window. It is time consuming, infuriating and thoughtless use of the space. In previous versions you could 'drag' the corners of ANY window to a size that was most appropriate, but not anymore. It is nothing to do with the settings for Win10, it is just within MYOB you can no longer drag the window sizes to what you want. Make it available again !!!  I waste and large amount of time moving windows around and sliding through them - that is not good for my business or my stress levels.

• Hi Melisss 

If you can't make the windows any smaller then they are already at their minimum size. I don't believe there's been any change in the minimum window size in AccountRight Live. To make it easier to move between windows you could cascade windows, to select this option go to Window>>Cascade.

Please don't hesitate to post again if you need help in the future.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Melisss 

Thanks for your post. Generally you'll get the slide arrow if you have the preference Save Window Sizes and Locations selected in Setup>>Preferences>>Windows tab and have previously changed the window sizes. When you move to a smaller screen the windows are still opening in the previous size and location, however, they no longer fit on the screen. We haven't removed the ability to resize and move windows so you'll need to reconfigure your windows to fit on the smaller screen.

For example, I've got AccountRight maximised (top right corner) and have enlarged the Purchases window:

If I Restore Down (top right corner) the Purchases window no longer fits on the screen and I've got the slide arrows:

To fix this I maximised AccountRight again and resized the Purchases window. Resizing windows hasn't changed, you can still use the corners or hover your mouse over a border and drag. When I Restore Down I can see the whole Purchases window and the slide arrows are gone:

If you can't see any open windows but you've still got the slide arrows it means that there's a window open out of view. You'll need to drag that window (click on the top border and drag) back into the viewing area and the slide arrows will disappear.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

• Thanks for the reply. I am quite aware of the drag points on the corners of the windows, and the slides appearing if there is an open window out of view.  The 'Save Windows sizes etc.' preference was ticked (it was not a choice I made but automatic when I upgraded). I have unticked that, closed and reopened MYOB and still I cannot change the window sizes to a reasonable viewing size (though the drag arrow appears on the sides and the corners of the windows when I howver the cursor there, they do nothing) - the set window sizes as the minumum in this MYOB are all too big for my screen unless I totally obliterate anything else on my Windows desktop - but until now this screen size has not been a problem - this problem did not exist with any other version of MYOB.. For instance, If I open the Receive Payments window, there is  blank space to make probably 10 or more entries - I don't need all that. That must be the minimum size for that  window in the MYOB programming set up, so be it. BUT -  before I could always shorten the height of any window (which then had a slide on the right side) - I could therefore put several windows on the MYOB desktop screen, as a smaller size, just showing the information I needed to look at. If the little windows didn't overlap I could enter information in several windows without covering all the others or having to flick around between them all. It's a shame this can no longer be done. It is very irritating having to constantly flick between windows that each cover all the others, or find the minimized icon hidden somewhere. It's like the assumption by the MYOB developers is that everyone has a bigger screen now therefore we'll make the minimum window sizes bigger by default and not adjustable below what we think is the 'right' size. I can see there is no fixing this for me. Thanks for your response.

Tracey_H
      Former Staff

Hi Melisss 

If you can't make the windows any smaller then they are already at their minimum size. I don't believe there's been any change in the minimum window size in AccountRight Live. To make it easier to move between windows you could cascade windows, to select this option go to Window>>Cascade.

Please don't hesitate to post again if you need help in the future.