Forum Discussion

2 years ago
Solved

Inventory Decimal Places

This seems to be the only way for me to contact MYOB Support, so hopefully this weill find its way to someone who can help us.

Please note that I couldn't find a suitable Location (in the drop-down list above) for this issue.

I know you've been responding to this issue since 2018 or so, so hopefully it'll be an easy enough fix.

As you know, Inventory counts are stored somewhere in MYOB to something like 13 decimal places, which makes it impossible to Move Items, particularly when I have an Autobuild component that gets consumed in 1/6ths.

Please could you run your magic script to redeuce our Inventory Counts to two decimal places so I can Move my Items, and it would be great if you could advise me on avoiding this issue in future.

Thanks,

Matt Murray

• Hi MattMurray 

I've arranged for the necessary script to be run over the company file for you.

Please note: I have assumed its the company file that is stored online with serial number ending in 0845 that is impacted. If a different file is impacted do let us know.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi MattMurray 

I've arranged for the necessary script to be run over the company file for you.

Please note: I have assumed its the company file that is stored online with serial number ending in 0845 that is impacted. If a different file is impacted do let us know.

MattMurray
      User

Thanks Steven,

I'll have a look today and see if I'm able to Move Items.

Can you advise on how I might avoid this recurring? Perhaps manually adjust calculated numbers at Autobuild time?

Thanks again.

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi MattMurray 

Typically, this situation occurs when you have rounding errors in the item's history. Generally, updating item transactions after they have been initially recorded triggers some history discrepancies as it can be rounded slightly differently as it would use the new values.  If you are doing that, it's best to avoid it.

In saying that, if you are still encountering that situation or need the script run over the file in the future don't hesitate to post on the Forum we'd be happy to help.