Forum Discussion

Verdant
Experienced Cover User
7 months ago

Why won't the latest update of AccountRight remember my email?

I have recently upgraded to AccountRight (2023.9.0)  (because basically there is no choice and it does it automatically)

And now it won't remember my email. So every morning when I turn on the computer I have to enter my email. And there is no longer a 'Sign me in for 12 hours' box to tick. 

I can understand having to enter a password every day, but an email? It all just slows me down! 

3 Replies

• Hi Verdant,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the recent changes to AccountRight, and we apologize for any inconvenience you're experiencing with the log-in process, specifically with the email retention. This change is regarding the enhancement of account security. The system keeps you logged in for 12 hours, and you may get the email prompt after that and the 2fa trigger prompts depending on other various factors like you logging in from the same computer, location, etc. For further information about this, kindly refer to our Community forum post, Update: Improved Security 2FA Changes.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance with this. We're here to help.

Cheers,

Princess

Verdant
      Experienced Cover User

Thanks Princess for your explanation. 
      It is quite annoying having to enter the email address every day. It just slows down my workflow- I am not using MYOB all day everyday. 
      Given it's on a pc which already has anti-virus software, many other apps allowing automatic log in, and the2FA, it seems over the top. If someone was to hack in, they are highly likely to have my email address already. 

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Verdant,

Thank you for your response. I appreciate your feedback and completely understand your concern about the daily email address entry impacting your workflow. Your perspective is important to us, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Our team continuously monitors and evaluates customer feedback, and your comments will be taken into consideration for future updates. While the current security measures are in place to prioritize the safety of your account, we'll explore ways to streamline the login process without compromising security. Rest assured that I'll pass this through the relevant team. I also encourage you to post in our AccountRight Idea Exchange for our developers' review and consideration.

Once again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. Your understanding is greatly appreciated. If you've got any further suggestions or concerns, please feel free to reach out. I'm always here to assist you.

Cheers,

Princess