Forum Discussion

4 months ago
Solved

Cash Movement Report - What makes up Net Cash Movement amount?

I am exporting the Cash Movement Report to Excel and cannot work out how the MYOB report balances.

All the individual amounts are correct - assets, liaiblities and equity but when I get to the Net Cash Movement in (out) I cannot work out what amounts the MYOB report are adding to get this amount.

Would love some help. 

• Hi Kathryn666.

Thank you so much for your post and Welcome to the Community Forum! 

Apologies for the late response. The Cash at the Beginning of the period on the Statement of Cash Flow reflects the balance of your Bank accounts as of the Dated From date. To identify the specific accounts included, you can generate the Accounts >> Balance Sheet for that day, focusing on accounts designated as Bank. Alternatively, you may run the Accounts >> Accounts List [Detail] report, setting the As of date to match the Dated From date in the Statement of Cash Flow, and review the balances of Bank accounts. Please see this help articles for more information: Cash flow Statements: A Beginner's Guide and Statement of Cash Flow report

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!
    Regards,
    Earl

1 Reply

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Kathryn666.

Thank you so much for your post and Welcome to the Community Forum! 

Apologies for the late response. The Cash at the Beginning of the period on the Statement of Cash Flow reflects the balance of your Bank accounts as of the Dated From date. To identify the specific accounts included, you can generate the Accounts >> Balance Sheet for that day, focusing on accounts designated as Bank. Alternatively, you may run the Accounts >> Accounts List [Detail] report, setting the As of date to match the Dated From date in the Statement of Cash Flow, and review the balances of Bank accounts. Please see this help articles for more information: Cash flow Statements: A Beginner's Guide and Statement of Cash Flow report

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!
    Regards,
    Earl