Forum Discussion

deb6
Contributing User
5 months ago
Solved

Custom reports

I am trying to create a report which shows Sales made during a specified time frame, & I need details of the sale: date, item & amount, but I also need the customer's details: name, company name, address, phone & email.

I need all of this in the one report, is it do-able?

• Hi deb6,

Thank you for your post. I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community forum. I hope you find it a great source of information.

While the sales reports and customer details reports are in different categories, I understand your need for a comprehensive overview. If you're looking to run a report that includes both sales details and customer information, this is not currently available. However, you can try to run the sales customer detail report that captures details like date, item, and amount for a specified date range, and you can try to use the "Insert/Modify" tab and add the necessary fields for customer details such as company name, billing/shipping address, phone number, etc. Customize the report columns to display the added customer details alongside the sales information.

For further information about sales reports, kindly refer to this Help article: Sales Reports.

Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance or have additional questions.

Cheers,

Princess

14 Replies

• Hi deb6,

Thank you for your post. I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community forum. I hope you find it a great source of information.

While the sales reports and customer details reports are in different categories, I understand your need for a comprehensive overview. If you're looking to run a report that includes both sales details and customer information, this is not currently available. However, you can try to run the sales customer detail report that captures details like date, item, and amount for a specified date range, and you can try to use the "Insert/Modify" tab and add the necessary fields for customer details such as company name, billing/shipping address, phone number, etc. Customize the report columns to display the added customer details alongside the sales information.

For further information about sales reports, kindly refer to this Help article: Sales Reports.

Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance or have additional questions.

Cheers,

Princess

deb6
      Contributing User

thankyou for responding Princess_R 

read the Sales Report article  (was most helpful)

I also tried your suggestion:

I ran the  Sales Customer Detail report & then using the Insert/Modify tab I  selected the fields that I needed i.e Address & Email Address. But then when I went to  Customise the report columns ( by selecting the SHow/Hide feature).  I was able to choose Address from the Available Columns list & add it to my report, but Email Address isn't showing in the Available Columns list.  Am I doing something wrong?

Your help is appreciated

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi deb6,

Thank you for your response.

I appreciate your effort in running the Sales Customer Detail report and attempting to customize it using the Insert/Modify tab. However, it's important to note that email addresses for customers may not be listed under the Available Columns for customization in the Sales Customer Detail report.

For customer email addresses, you might want to consider checking the Card List Detail report instead. This report typically provides a more comprehensive view of customer details, including email addresses. However, this will be a separate report.

If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Otherwise, if my first response has answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess