Forum Discussion

DL111
Experienced User
3 years ago
Solved

Export Reports to Excel

We are not able to export reports to Excel. Is this a hitch or specific to users of Microsoft 365 etcv

Thanks

• Hi DL111 , the OfficeLink driver provides the connection, and is 32-bit. It's a legacy component as far as I know, but others may have more info.  

10 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi DL111, first thing, is your Office installation 32-bit? 64-bit will not work. Look under options for the About... menu, this will tell you which version.

If your export to Excel has worked in the past, have you upgraded Office recently? 

If this is not yet resolved, please attach the diagnostic log created immediately after attempting the operation.

DL111
      Experienced User

Hi Mike_James 

Thanks for tne reply. It is happening on a 64 bit computer however until recently this has not been a problem. No upgrades in Microsft Office 365. There have also been numerous posts in FB where people appear to be experiencing the same problem.

A diagnostic report is not produced.The system simply hangs despite it not being a large report. 

Thanks

Mike_James
        Ultimate Partner

Hi DL111 , the 64-bit OS is not what I was after, which is the Office 365 program itself, is it 32 or 64 bit? (Open Excel, go to File, Account, About Excel, and read off the end of the 1st line. 

The link in my previous post advises how to find the location of the diagnostic log file, which is created in the background. Since the process used to work, the answer may lie in this file.