Forum Discussion

Erisam
Contributing User
4 years ago
Solved

Trade Debtors Accounts - Out of Balance issue

Hello everyone. Is there anyone who can help me out fixing the above issue. I've run the reconciliation summary report for receivables and found that the out of balance. What should i do for this? Looking forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

• Hi Erisam 

I’d start by running the report por the previous month to see if the out of balance still exists, if it does run the report for the previous month looking for the out of balance. You need to locate the point where there is no out of balance in the report.

Once the last point where the file is in balance is located, the following month should be the point where the out of balance begins. You’ll need to review the transactions in this month to determine the cause of the out of balance, by way of any incorrect transactions going to the control account

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Neil_M
    Former Staff

Hi Erisam 

I’d start by running the report por the previous month to see if the out of balance still exists, if it does run the report for the previous month looking for the out of balance. You need to locate the point where there is no out of balance in the report.

Once the last point where the file is in balance is located, the following month should be the point where the out of balance begins. You’ll need to review the transactions in this month to determine the cause of the out of balance, by way of any incorrect transactions going to the control account

• Hi all ,

simply check whether you have done and General Journals to Trade debtor account 

That is the most coomon reason 

if you have many transaction in trade debtor,  isolate the date running diferent debtor reconciliation report 

untill you find the date you unmatch trade debtor with Balance sheet trade debtor 

Thanks 

Prasanna Arachchilage