Forum Discussion

Julian2024
Contributing User
13 days ago

Reversing BOM

Hi All,

I have a problem with bill of materials. The cost of an item is incorrect when it was billed. 

1. How can I reverse the BOM?
  2. How to redo or BOM to correctly build the products at correct price?

Thank you.

Julian

11 Replies

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Julian2024

Thanks for your post, and welcome here in the Community Forum!

I get that you're having issues with the Bill of Materials (BOM) in MYOB, specifically with reversing and redoing it to correct the cost of an item. Here are the steps you can follow:

• Reversing a BOM: You can manually reverse the effects of a BOM by creating a new BOM with the quantities of the items reversed. This means if you added an item to the original BOM, you would subtract it from the new one, and vice versa.
    • Redoing a BOM: To redo a BOM, you would need to create a new BOM.

Please note that these are general steps and might need to be adjusted based on your specific situation. If it's causing confusion, I would recommend reaching out to our MOCA for immediate queries and assistance. If MOCA can't help, you'll be automatically directed to our live chat team.

Feel free to post again if you have any other concerns or need further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Kind regards,
    Shella

Julian2024
      Contributing User

Hi Shella,

Appreciate you response. I cant find the Bill of Materials option from the Accounts or Transactions > Manufacturing menu.

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Julian2024,

Can you spot the "Bills" option on your dashboard? If you can, just double-check the product you're using. This will help me help you quicker.

Best regards,

Doreen