Forum Discussion

FiJubb
User
5 years ago
Solved

Accidentally paid business expense on personal credit card

Hi

I recently paid for our Business PO Box on my personal credit card.  How do I now account for this in MYOB?  I do not run a petty cash account.  Unsure how to process?

• Hi FiJubb 

Thanks for your post. If the business is going to reimburse you, I would record a Spend Money transaction and make the Pay From Account a suspense/clearing type account and allocate the amount to the applicable expense account. Then record a Transfer Money transaction with the Transfer Money From account as the bank account and the Transfer Money To as the suspense/clearing account.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi FiJubb 

Thanks for your post. If the business is going to reimburse you, I would record a Spend Money transaction and make the Pay From Account a suspense/clearing type account and allocate the amount to the applicable expense account. Then record a Transfer Money transaction with the Transfer Money From account as the bank account and the Transfer Money To as the suspense/clearing account.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.