Forum Discussion

LAMNT
User
3 years ago
Solved

Amount not balancing in Balance section in Bank Register and Ending Balance

As shown in the screenshot above the amount in BAlance is higher than the ending balance as if 10.09.2021. I have check the transaction, they looks all good plus the bank balance also reconcile. 

I am clueless about the error.

And this is the version of AR we are using.

Thank you

Sabina

• Hi LAMNT 

Correct, the mismatch is not a problem.

See below 2 screenshots from my software. The first dated as of today with an unbalance between the balance in the top right corner and the balance in the balance column. The second screenshot I dated 2025 to include all future dated transactions.

I hope this clarifies it for you!

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Yanike_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi LAMNT 

Thanks for your post.

The balance in the top-right is the 'perpetual' balance. This will be the total of that account for all transactions regardless of date.

So if there are transactions after the date range you're looking at, you'll see a mismatch between the balance in the top-right versus the balance from the last transaction in the bank register.

Let me know if this solves it for you!

LAMNT
      User
      Hi Yanike,

Thank you for replying.

So this means the mismatch is not a problem at all, right?

Because I have never encounter something like this before so was wondering that if I made any mistakes.

Best Regards,
      Sabina
        Yanike_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi LAMNT 

Correct, the mismatch is not a problem.

See below 2 screenshots from my software. The first dated as of today with an unbalance between the balance in the top right corner and the balance in the balance column. The second screenshot I dated 2025 to include all future dated transactions.

I hope this clarifies it for you!