Forum Discussion

Tassin
Contributing Cover User
8 months ago
Solved

Bank Feed out of balance, but Bank Reconciliation IN balance

Please help. My bank feed is "out of balance" (see picture from old similar post) exactly like this. However, my bank reconciation is perfectly balance. How can this be possible? Please don't tell me to follow the steps to find the problem in my bank reconciliation - my bank reconciliation is fine. It is only here in "bank feeds" that is shows an out of balance amount. Please help! Tassin

Untitled.png

• Hi Tassin,

Thank you so much for your post and my apologies for the late response. In the Bank Feeds window, an out-of-balance situation arises from the variance between the bank balance imported from the bank and the calculated statement balance within AccountRight. This discrepancy occurs because the calculated statement balance is determined based on specific criteria. If a previously reconciled transaction is modified or removed, it can affect the calculated statement balance, resulting in an out-of-balance figure. 

I would also recommend reviewing the Reconcile Accounts window to identify any transactions that are marked as reconciled but do not appear in the bank feeds window. It's important to note that a reconciled transaction within the Reconcile Accounts window affects the calculated statement balance, whereas unticked transactions have no impact on the calculated statement balance.

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help.
    Regards,
    Earl

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Tassin,

Thank you so much for your post and my apologies for the late response. In the Bank Feeds window, an out-of-balance situation arises from the variance between the bank balance imported from the bank and the calculated statement balance within AccountRight. This discrepancy occurs because the calculated statement balance is determined based on specific criteria. If a previously reconciled transaction is modified or removed, it can affect the calculated statement balance, resulting in an out-of-balance figure. 

I would also recommend reviewing the Reconcile Accounts window to identify any transactions that are marked as reconciled but do not appear in the bank feeds window. It's important to note that a reconciled transaction within the Reconcile Accounts window affects the calculated statement balance, whereas unticked transactions have no impact on the calculated statement balance.

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help.
    Regards,
    Earl