Forum Discussion

StephP123
Experienced User
2 years ago

Old reconciled transactions pop up on reconcile account

Hi 

My bank reconciliation is up-to-date till May this year, and some old transactions that has been reconciled in Jul and Aug last year suddenly appear on the Reconcile Account Window, screen shot for your reference

Capture.PNG

May I know how to fix that

Thank you

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    LRBooks61
    Ultimate Cover User

Hi

The screenshot hasn't come through unfortunately.

I would firstly suggest that you ensure that the bank account still reconciles as at the last time you reconciled

Make sure that the transactions you are referring to are unticked.

( do this by choosing the same date as last reconciled date and the expected bank balance as at the same date.

If it reconciles still then the entries are duplicates and can be deleted.

If indeed the bank is out by the entries it may be that someone has altered the original , reconcile and continue.

If they were entered via a bank feed once you delete them they may reappear in your bank feed again.

You will need to hide these transactions by rightclicking on the bank feed entry and select hide

Hope that helps

Lisa

StephP123
      Experienced User

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for your response 

However, it is not like what you mentioned

The calculated statement balance has been changed, no longer matched the amoung of the report I saved perviously I reconciled in Jul and Aud 21

I have deleted the transactions and hided them from bank feed, however the balance still out and not matching

Is there other ways to fix that

Thank you

LRBooks61
        Ultimate Cover User

Hi

reconciling the bank is just verifying that all the entries in myob match those in your bank

So if your bank reconciled as at May 2022 and now it doesn't you need to find out why

what is the difference? Is it that a deposit is missing so less money in the bank, is a withdrawal missing? So there is more money in the bank

an you identify the missing transactions.

Do you use bank feeds?

do you have a huge amount of entries each month or not to many that you can manually match off the myob transactions with the bank statements 

if the entries were from December then you may need to check those firstly

Lisa