Forum Discussion

FW2016
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Prepare Electronic Payments window

Hi, I paid an invoice via pay bills which is set up via Electronic Clearing however I remitted the payment via EFT by our trading account.  The invoice is still showing to be paid in the Prepare Electronic Payments but the invoice has been paid.  How do I fix this?  I haven't done our bank reconciliation yet for the month as I have no idea how to fix.

I have tried to amend the bank account where the account was paid from but it is greyed out.

Many thanks in advance.

Fiona

• Hi FW2016 

Thanks for your post. To clear the transaction from the Prepare electronic payment window, tick the transaction and click on Bank file. When the Save as window opens click Cancel as you don't need to create the bank file because payment has been made.

When you do this, a transaction will be recorded which moves the amount from the electronic clearing account to the bank account. You can then reconcile the electronic payment transaction.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi FW2016 

Thanks for your post. To clear the transaction from the Prepare electronic payment window, tick the transaction and click on Bank file. When the Save as window opens click Cancel as you don't need to create the bank file because payment has been made.

When you do this, a transaction will be recorded which moves the amount from the electronic clearing account to the bank account. You can then reconcile the electronic payment transaction.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

FW2016
      Experienced Cover User

Thank you so much Tracey, your reply solved my dilemma!

Thanks again.

Fiona

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

FW2016 

You're very welcome Fiona, I'm glad to hear that worked for you.

Please don't hesitate to post again if you need help in the future.