Forum Discussion

wealthwithin
Cover User
7 months ago
Solved

Unlinking bank account linked to cheque payments

Hi,

I have created two new MYOB files in Account Right. I imported the accounts list from another MYOB file into both of the new files. 

The current assets account, is a header account in all other files we have, however in the 2 new files it is a detail account and I cannot make it a header account becuase it is linked to "cheque payments".

Can you please show me the steps to unlink it. I have tried looking at posts in the community without success.

Tracey

• Hi wealthwithin,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the Community forum.

To unlink a detail account from being linked to cheque payments in AccountRight, kindly follow the steps below:

• Navigate to the Accounts >> Accounts list
    • Locate the account that is currently set as a detail account and linked to cheque payments
    • Click on Details and select the arrow beside the linked account for
    • Attempt to change it to the header account and save the changes

Kindly refer to the attached screenshot below:

I hope this helps! Please let me know how you get along and if you require any further assistance with this. I'm here to assist.

Cheers,

Princess

1 Reply

• Hi wealthwithin,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the Community forum.

To unlink a detail account from being linked to cheque payments in AccountRight, kindly follow the steps below:

• Navigate to the Accounts >> Accounts list
    • Locate the account that is currently set as a detail account and linked to cheque payments
    • Click on Details and select the arrow beside the linked account for
    • Attempt to change it to the header account and save the changes

Kindly refer to the attached screenshot below:

I hope this helps! Please let me know how you get along and if you require any further assistance with this. I'm here to assist.

Cheers,

Princess