MegsyK
Cover User
9 months ago
Solved

Import Troubleshooting

Importing from Retail Manager

Error -15: Account number not found 

records skipped

The account number is correct so I don't know why it is calling it up as an error.

I have tried editing to a different account number and it still doesn't work.

How can I correct this so I can import the records.

Thanks, Kylie 

• Hi, MegsyK 

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

The Error - 15 Account number not found in the list of postable accounts generally appears when the account number specified in RetailManager cannot be found in the MYOB Chart of Accounts or is linked to a header account. To correct the situation, kindly follow the steps provided below:

• Kindly open the Retail.txt file in Notepad.
    • Locate the problem account number and adjust it so it matches the corresponding account number in your MYOB Chart of Accounts.
    • Once done, save and close the file and attempt the import again.

There are some instances where your account number in the Retail.txt file does match up with your MYOB Chart of Accounts. It is highly likely that you have linked RetailManager to a header account. The header of account can be identified by its bold lettering. MYOB will not import data into a header account. With that, kindly adjust the account number in the Retail.txt file.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance with this. We are happy to assist.

Best regards,

Doreen

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, MegsyK 

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

The Error - 15 Account number not found in the list of postable accounts generally appears when the account number specified in RetailManager cannot be found in the MYOB Chart of Accounts or is linked to a header account. To correct the situation, kindly follow the steps provided below:

• Kindly open the Retail.txt file in Notepad.
    • Locate the problem account number and adjust it so it matches the corresponding account number in your MYOB Chart of Accounts.
    • Once done, save and close the file and attempt the import again.

There are some instances where your account number in the Retail.txt file does match up with your MYOB Chart of Accounts. It is highly likely that you have linked RetailManager to a header account. The header of account can be identified by its bold lettering. MYOB will not import data into a header account. With that, kindly adjust the account number in the Retail.txt file.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance with this. We are happy to assist.

Best regards,

Doreen