Forum Discussion

3 years ago
Solved

Importing general journals - invalid account numbers

Hi
I'm trying to import a general journal and an error appears that there's an Invalid Account Number. When I view the log, the numbers appearing in the Account Number field are not the same as the numbers on the TXT file I imported. All other fields remain the same as the original file, but the account numbers are showing as different numbers.
Original account numbers are on the left and the numbers showing in the error log copy are on the right. Can someone please explain to me what's happening and how to fix it?
21110  -  87
61080  -  157
21110  -   87
61210  -  199

• Hi VickiThomson , the numbers you see are internal ID numbers. If an acount number is truly invalid, then there would be no internal number, and you'll see a gap in the log, which helps identify the offending number. However, the real issue may be unrelated. 

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi VickiThomson , the numbers you see are internal ID numbers. If an acount number is truly invalid, then there would be no internal number, and you'll see a gap in the log, which helps identify the offending number. However, the real issue may be unrelated. 

VickiThomson
      User

Thanks Mike, you were correct, it was unrelated. The error I mentioned was actually relating to blank lines that appeared in the TXT file. The real error was a GST inbalance and once corrected, it's working perfectly. Thanks for your help :-)