Forum Discussion

Trolin
User
3 months ago
Solved

Bank reconciliation

Hi, I had previously bank reconciliationed 1/7/22 - 30/6/23 however I had to make changes to some items and ended up going back through and deleting every bank rec for this period.

Now the last bank rec on 30/6/22 balance is correct but when i tick everything in MYOB to my bank statement it shows there is a $12,900.95 out of balance. I have numerously ensured the amounts are correct and all payments/credits are in with no success. I had to do a manual credit for the $12,900.95 and put to unallocated account to sort out later.

I was then able to balance all the way through to the 31/1/23. All my transactions are entered up to the 30/6/23 but once i get to Feb 23 not all the items are there to reconcile. Please help

• Hi Trolin,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum!

There are a couple of reasons why transactions might not appear in the reconcile accounts window. I would recommend first checking to see if these transactions are going to the right account. Navigate to Find transactions to open the transactions in question and then click to see if the transactions have gone to the right account. If all is correct, I would recommend doing a future-dated reconciliation. Open Banking >> Reconcile Accounts >> Choose Account.

• Input Bank Statement Date: 31/12/9998
    • Copy the calculated statement balance to the closing statement balance form box.
    • Click Reconcile.
    • Undo reconciliation.

Following these steps would show any missing transactions inside the reconcile accounts window. 

Feel free to create a new post again if you need help in the future.

Cheers,

Princess

1 Reply

• Hi Trolin,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum!

There are a couple of reasons why transactions might not appear in the reconcile accounts window. I would recommend first checking to see if these transactions are going to the right account. Navigate to Find transactions to open the transactions in question and then click to see if the transactions have gone to the right account. If all is correct, I would recommend doing a future-dated reconciliation. Open Banking >> Reconcile Accounts >> Choose Account.

• Input Bank Statement Date: 31/12/9998
    • Copy the calculated statement balance to the closing statement balance form box.
    • Click Reconcile.
    • Undo reconciliation.

Following these steps would show any missing transactions inside the reconcile accounts window. 

Feel free to create a new post again if you need help in the future.

Cheers,

Princess