Forum Discussion

26 days ago
Solved

changed bank accounts

Hi,

I have recently changed bank accounts from ING to CBA, i transferd all the money which was $5604.91 in one lump sum.

$3768.74 of that was income that I earned from customers outside of MYOB that i had not recorded yet.

$1836.17 of that money had already been recorded as the payments were made through MYOB into my ING

Im not sure how or where to allocate the $1836.17 so it doesnt mess up my accounts.

Please any advice on this would be greatly appreciated

• Hi outshine,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum!

It's fantastic to see you being proactive about managing your finances during this transition to a new bank account. These changes can indeed be a bit complex to navigate, but I'm here to offer support.

One option you might consider is recording a "receive money" transaction to match the amount transferred from your old account to the new one. However, please keep in mind that this is just a general suggestion. For precise guidance tailored to your specific situation and to ensure accurate recording and reporting, it's best to consult with your accountant. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

1 Reply

Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi outshine,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum!

It's fantastic to see you being proactive about managing your finances during this transition to a new bank account. These changes can indeed be a bit complex to navigate, but I'm here to offer support.

One option you might consider is recording a "receive money" transaction to match the amount transferred from your old account to the new one. However, please keep in mind that this is just a general suggestion. For precise guidance tailored to your specific situation and to ensure accurate recording and reporting, it's best to consult with your accountant. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess