Forum Discussion

Fabrication
Experienced Cover User
9 months ago
Solved

Error message when matching payment to bills

When matching bills to payments, 1 payment (for 15 invoices) mat ches but will not save. It gives this message:

A rounding issue has occurred on a line where the amount has been manually adjusted. Please delete the line, add a new line, and try again.

So I took out all the lines of the 15 bills posted, added new lines, tried to match them all over again. And of course I received the same message! So hours wasted and absolutely no progress. (I have a vague recollection that MYOB is supposed to save me time so I can get on with the business of the business???)

These error messages are far too general to be of any use. Which line on which bill is wrong?

I've never had this particular issue before but have had one in payroll timesheets which no one has been able to help with, again because the message is not specific enough to say wher the error actually is. Consequently we cannot save time on payroll by using time sheets and have given  up on that.

Can anyone tell me what the bill-matching  message is really needing us to correct so we can match the payment and do our month-end balancing etc. 

Genreve_S
    6 months ago

Hi Fabrication

Thanks for your response and the update. 

We appreciate this as this can help other users. I would suggest marking your most recent reply as an "Accepted Solution". This would help make your solution more visible to other users who might have a similar issue. 

Feel free to post again in the forum if you require any other assistance. 

Thanks,
    Genreve

10 Replies

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Fabrication,

Thank you so much for your detailed post and I'm sorry to hear that. I really appreciate your patience and understanding about this issue, and I do apologize for the delayed response. We do have an online script to run to fix this issue, can you please confirm the last four digits of your Serial Number and Company File ID? 

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!
    Regards,
    Earl

• Did you end up finding out what the issue was? im having the same problem, so over spending hours each week with new MYOB issues!!

Shella_A
      MYOB Moderator

Hi MKSV06

Thank you for your post. I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

We're sorry to hear that you're getting an error matching your payment to bills. We appreciate your patience with this matter. We do have an online script to run to fix the issue, may you please confirm the last four digits of your Serial Number and your Company File ID?

We will be waiting for your response.

Cheers,

Shella

Shella_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi MKSV06,

Hope this message finds you well. We would like to follow up on your concern. Kindly let us know if you still need further assistance. Don't hesitate to reach out to us. We are delighted to assist you.

Cheers,

Shella