Forum Discussion

KR5
Contributing User
5 months ago
Solved

Exporting a budget using the CSV option in MYOB Accounrright Web Browser

Can someone please assist with further guidance on exporting a budget CSV file from the web browser. It does not allow me to export the budget template as a CSV file I have read through the solutions previously advised and nothing is working. IF i export using the excel file then save as a CSV file and try and import it back it, it gives me the error that there are too many rows.

Please advise if this function has been resolved as this is very frustrating that I may have to just manually enter the budgets in.

Kylee

• Hi KR5

Thanks for the response and the information you've provided so far. 

Since the web application is not producing the csv file, I suggest checking if there is a GST clearing account from the report setting (Name of the business > Report settings > GST clearing account.). If there isn't, please set up a clearing account for this and try to download the csv file again. 

Let us know if you require any further assistance with this. 

Thanks,
    Genreve

10 Replies

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi KR5

Thanks for posting your concern in the forum. 

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties trying to export CSV budget files. In my understanding, the general way of exporting a budget is by opening the budget and clicking the export button on the tabs at the upper right of the screen. If this fails, feel free to send us any screenshot of the error message.  

Also, I recommend reading through this article, Budgets. This will provide overall information about how the budgets work in the web version. 

Let us know if you require any further assistance. 

Thanks,
    Genreve

KR5
      Contributing User

I am unable to export the budget as a CSV file. The option does not work. Nothing loads or downloads. please advisewhy this is occuring???

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi KR5

Thanks for the response and sorry to hear about your issue persisting. 

In my understanding, after clicking the CSV option the file will automatically download. Also, the file will download regardless of if there were contents or not, if it was already saved. I recommend clearing the cache of your current browser and/or using a different browser. 

Let us know if this makes any changes to the outcome. 

Thanks,
        Genreve