Forum Discussion

jylong
User
2 years ago
Solved

MYOB AccountRight vs. MYOB Business

I came across the following article:

https://developer.myob.com/api/myob-business-api/v2/

So if I'm currently using AccountRight locally installed on my PC, does this mean:

• We will one day need to transition to MYOB Business? (If so, do we know when?)
  • If we start a separate business and wanted to purchase MYOB AccountRight for it as well, we could not, and would need to purchase MYOB Business?

I am asking because our local installation of MYOB AccountRight uses the locally installed API to communicate with 3rd party software. However, I'm not sure if the online API that MYOB Business uses is compatible with this 3rd party software or not.

• Hi jylong 

Thanks for your post. Currently MYOB Business is mainly a name change for our products. You will still be able to access AccountRight locally on your PC. We are increasing the functionality of Accountright in the browser (MYOB Business), but subscriptions for AccountRight still require you to install (and thus allow you to use) the programme on a Windows PC. 

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Yanike_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi jylong 

Thanks for your post. Currently MYOB Business is mainly a name change for our products. You will still be able to access AccountRight locally on your PC. We are increasing the functionality of Accountright in the browser (MYOB Business), but subscriptions for AccountRight still require you to install (and thus allow you to use) the programme on a Windows PC.