Forum Discussion

toddandrh
Experienced User
20 days ago
Solved

ABN changed + STP Reporting issue

We have a client who changed its' entity structure during the financial year.

All STP reporting has been going to the old ABN.

I have read some of the posts on here about finalising the End of Year, and the submitting for the new ABN.

My problem is, the changed happened several months ago. The STP EOY figures are a combination of old and new ABN pay events, but all lodged under the old ABN.

I clearly can't finalise, as part of the figures would be reported under the incorrect ABN.

However, I also can't see a way of modifying the figures to reflect the split.

The same MYOB file was used, so there is no option of using the one for the old file.

Would it work if I edited the Payroll Details tab for each employee for the YTD figures at the end of the old ABN, lodged zero dollar pay reports for these, and then zeroed those figures as suggested in the support notes, for the new ABN?

Any help would be appreciated.

• Hi toddandrh,

I appreciate your reaching out. If you have processed pay runs that were recorded under the new ABN and it's not finalized yet, then you will need to do the following steps before you begin the process: make sure to take a backup copy of your file.

MYOB Business: 

• Save a copy of the payroll activity report for all employees for 3 different periods (make sure to expand the report so it shows the total amount per pay item).
    • Financial YTD (report 1): for record-keeping
    • From the start of FY to the last date, old ABN was used (report 2).
    • The first date, a new ABN, was used for the current date (report 3).
    • You will need to edit the pay history so the year-to-date amounts reflect what was meant to be reported under the old ABN (report 2).
    • Change the ABN back to the old ABN if it is different.
    • Process a $0 pay run/update event for all employees.
    • Finalize employees in PRC
    • Replace the old ABN with a new ABN.
    • Re-register STP with the new ABN.
    • Edit the pay history so the year-to-date amounts reflect what was meant to be reported under the new ABN (report 3).
    • Remove finalization in the PRC.

Please note the date when your company moved under a new ABN and whether any pay runs were done after that date (and if so, which ABN was in the file when you did them). The payroll activity and register reports will no longer match when the ABN is changed mid-year. Therefore, it’s important to get copies of the reports and/or take backups before following the process above.

Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Kind regards,

Shella

3 Replies

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi toddandrh,

I appreciate your reaching out. If you have processed pay runs that were recorded under the new ABN and it's not finalized yet, then you will need to do the following steps before you begin the process: make sure to take a backup copy of your file.

MYOB Business: 

• Save a copy of the payroll activity report for all employees for 3 different periods (make sure to expand the report so it shows the total amount per pay item).
    • Financial YTD (report 1): for record-keeping
    • From the start of FY to the last date, old ABN was used (report 2).
    • The first date, a new ABN, was used for the current date (report 3).
    • You will need to edit the pay history so the year-to-date amounts reflect what was meant to be reported under the old ABN (report 2).
    • Change the ABN back to the old ABN if it is different.
    • Finalize employees in PRC
    • Replace the old ABN with a new ABN.
    • Re-register STP with the new ABN.
    • Edit the pay history so the year-to-date amounts reflect what was meant to be reported under the new ABN (report 3).
    • Remove finalization in the PRC.

Please note the date when your company moved under a new ABN and whether any pay runs were done after that date (and if so, which ABN was in the file when you did them). The payroll activity and register reports will no longer match when the ABN is changed mid-year. Therefore, it’s important to get copies of the reports and/or take backups before following the process above.

Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Kind regards,

Shella

toddandrh
      Experienced User

Hi Shella,

Thank you for your reply.

That sounds like what I was planning to do, but more concisely laid out.

Thank you for confirming.

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi toddandrh,

You're very much welcome! Feel free to post again if you encounter issues in the future.

Best regards,

Doreen