Forum Discussion

9 months ago
Solved

Contractor Payment

I am requiring temporary contractor services. I have been through the help centre items and nothing makes sense. I can't even find the first payroll tab on home page. Does this mean my subscription doesnt allow me to pay a contractor?

Im just trying to pay an invoice - Can I not just pay the invoice using a contractor expense code? is there any other way than setting them up as a employee/contractor etc?

• Hi MDaniel

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the Community forum. I hope you find plenty of information.

In this matter, I've checked your account using your registered email in the Community forum, and you're using MYOB Essentials (New) Accounting, which has no payroll. To pay a contractor, you need to set them up as an employee and pay them through your regular payroll. You may also set them up as a supplier, and then you'll need to process any transactions with them as Spend money or Purchases. However, you'll need to determine if your worker is a contactor or an employee, according to the ATO.

I would highly recommend speaking to your accountant regarding this to make sure you're recording it correctly.

Please feel free to create a new post again if you need help in the future. I'm more than happy to assist.

Cheers,

Princess

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi MDaniel

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the Community forum. I hope you find plenty of information.

In this matter, I've checked your account using your registered email in the Community forum, and you're using MYOB Essentials (New) Accounting, which has no payroll. To pay a contractor, you need to set them up as an employee and pay them through your regular payroll. You may also set them up as a supplier, and then you'll need to process any transactions with them as Spend money or Purchases. However, you'll need to determine if your worker is a contactor or an employee, according to the ATO.

I would highly recommend speaking to your accountant regarding this to make sure you're recording it correctly.

Please feel free to create a new post again if you need help in the future. I'm more than happy to assist.

Cheers,

Princess

MDaniel
      User

Great thank you, i'll try setting up as a supplier. They are definitely contractor not employee.

Thanks for the suggestion

michelle

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi MDaniel,

Thank you for your response. If they're a contractor, then setting them up as a supplier would be the best option. Please feel free to create a new post if you need help in the future. We are always more than happy to assist.

Cheers,

Princess