Forum Discussion

Melanie75
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Matching multiple payroll entries to one bank transaction

Hello,

I cannot match my individual payroll entries to the bank transaction.

I have attempted all of the solutions in the forum, e.g find transactions, locate pay, check electronic payment account etc.

The total amount appears in my bank rec but I cannot tick off the individual employee payments.

Is somebody availble to help? I have screenshots ready to submit.

Tracey_H
    2 years ago

Hi Melanie75 

When an employee's pay is split between bank accounts you would need to pay that employee electronically using an ABA file. This Help Article, Split a pay between accounts, has detailed information on this for future pay runs.

For pays that have been transferred as two separate payments you would need to reverse the original pay transaction and process as two separate pays with the net amounts matching the transfer amount. You can then match bank feed transactions with the pay transactions.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Melanie75 

Thanks for your post. If the pay transactions have been posted to the correct bank account, go to Reconcile accounts and make sure they are not ticked in that window. If they are, untick them then go back to Bank transactions and they will appear for matching.

If you continue to have problems please do send those screenshots of the Bank transactions window and a pay transaction. Make sure sensitive information is removed from screenshots prior to posting on the Forum.

Let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Melanie75
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Tracey,

Thank you for your suggestions - they helped me to solve initial query. Now I cannot match a pay for my only employee who has his pay split between two accounts.

In the bank feed I can see the two payments of $500.00 + $686.94

When I click 'match transaction' the drop down menu only shows the total of $1,186.94

The employee is definitely set up to have pay split between two accounts

I have reversed this pay and re-entered 4 times already in an attempt to rectify, so I am reluctant to reverse it again.

Can you offer any solution for this? 

Kind regards,

Melanie 

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi Melanie75 

When an employee's pay is split between bank accounts you would need to pay that employee electronically using an ABA file. This Help Article, Split a pay between accounts, has detailed information on this for future pay runs.

For pays that have been transferred as two separate payments you would need to reverse the original pay transaction and process as two separate pays with the net amounts matching the transfer amount. You can then match bank feed transactions with the pay transactions.

Please let me know if you need further help.