Forum Discussion

DKBocelli
Experienced User
6 months ago
Solved

Payroll Payment diff to payroll expense

Hello

Atfer a pay run was processed in MYOB, a minor error of 20c was made when making a cash payment for the pay, the problem is now we cannot match the cash payment to the payroll transaction as is 20c more, how can we fix so we can match the payment to the payroll transaction?

Regards

Daron 

• Hi DKBocelli

Thanks for posting your concern. 

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties matching your payment. Unfortunately, there is no way to match these transactions together since the amount is incorrect. We could either recreate the pay run to match the bank transaction or create journal entries to make the transaction match. I recommend asking for help from an accountant with the latter. 

Feel free to read through this article, Matching Bank Transactions. This will provide more information on how the matching works in the application. 

Let us know if you require any further assistance. 

Thanks,
    Genreve

1 Reply

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi DKBocelli

Thanks for posting your concern. 

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties matching your payment. Unfortunately, there is no way to match these transactions together since the amount is incorrect. We could either recreate the pay run to match the bank transaction or create journal entries to make the transaction match. I recommend asking for help from an accountant with the latter. 

Feel free to read through this article, Matching Bank Transactions. This will provide more information on how the matching works in the application. 

Let us know if you require any further assistance. 

Thanks,
    Genreve