Forum Discussion

Fay_S
Trusted Cover User
9 months ago
Solved

Wage Correction

So, I had my 'pre-MYOB-upgrade' hat on when adjusting a pay.

I processed and paid wages. Sending to STP

One of my employees then told me she wanted holiday pay.

I reversed her pay, and reissued her payslip, paying the balance owed. Sent to STP.

Previously this was OK (in the old version of MYOB Essentials) as I was able to allocate the monies within her profile - separating the two payments across the two bank fields - meaning that the bank feed could be matched.  Now, however, I can't do that, and I can't match the second pay to anything.

Can you please point me in the right direction as to the correct steps that I need to follow to undo my mess?

Thanks a mil.

• Hi Fay_S

Thanks for your response. 

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles with matching bank feeds. In my understanding, you are trying to match two bank feeds (the amount of the wage and the holiday pay) to one pay run. Unfortunately, you are correct. The application does not allow you to match two bank feeds to one pay run anymore. What I would have recommended doing was to process the holiday pay separately instead of reversing the pay run. Doing this, you will end up having 2 payroll transactions to match with the two bank feed transactions. 

The only option we have is to reverse the pay run and reprocess two other pay runs to match the bank feeds. If this does not fit your needs, I would suggest seeking help from a financial advisor. 

Feel free to clarify the concern, if my understanding is incorrect. Also, let us know if you require any further assistance. 

Cheers, 

Genreve

11 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Fay_S

Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing. I really appreciate your patience and understanding about this issue, and I do apologize for the delayed response. To fix this, can you please check the payment method of the employee? If it's electronic, you'll need to create a bank file.

Go to payroll menu > Prepare electronic payment > download the Bank File

Please do let me know how you go on this.
    Regards,
    Earl

Fay_S
      Trusted Cover User

Hi Earl, I don't process the payments electronically, I pay them manually from my bank. (So I only prep payslips etc in MYOB - print out the wages owing, log into my bank and pay from there). From what I read, that feature (setting up direct electronic payments) is no longer a thing, unless you had it set up in the past. Am I reading that correctly? Anyhoo, that is another entirely different question. Sorry for not getting back sooner, it has been hectic at work. But no, I don't pay electronically.  Fay

Fay_S
        Trusted Cover User

Oh, I can see that I can set up electronic payments (found the instructions) - I misunderstood the first sentence. I will look into that. Still, I didn't pay in this way in this instance.