Forum Discussion

5 months ago

Printing issue Profit and Loss

Hello

I am currently having issues printing a profit and Loss report that shows the current period, the previous year and also a budget and variance to budget.

It shows on the screen correctly but when i go to print it leaves out everything to do with the budget.

I have tried to export it also to excel but also leaves out the budget information. Does anyone know if this is a flaw with the system or am I forgetting a setup somewhere.

Thanks.

50 Replies

John_Wild
    Experienced User

Hi Amanda, I am having the same issue and posted this problem yesterday.  If I get an answer I will let you know.

MT1961
    Contributing User

The amazing thing is that the MYOB team don't try to replicate the situation themselves but go to each individual who has posted this problem and ask for screenshots.  This is obviously a system issue when multiple users ask questions simultaneously.

John_Wild
      Experienced User

Agree.  I have also advised of the issue through MYOB Support.  Hopefully an answer soon.

John_Wild
      Experienced User

Yep.  Support did exactly that.  Asked for a lot of info & screen shots.  I advised them it seemed to be an issue across the board but no further response as yet.

VickiNZ
        Experienced User

Same response to the problem here too.

• Yep, I'm also getting the same problem - but only with some clients.

Celia_B
      MYOB Moderator

Hi ALl

Thank you for your post. We have replicated this on our end, and the budget comparison figures shows by going to Reporting >>  Under compare to >> Click on % sales analysis and year to date >> Check on the date range (last financial year) >> Check on Accounting Method >> Click Export >> Choose PDF >> Export. It will then show the budget comparison. If it is still not showing, kindly provide a screenshot after you export from PDF, so we can investigate. 

Feel free to post again if you require further assistance. 

Kind Regards, 

Cel

John_Wild
        Experienced User

Hi Celia

I received a message from Earl_HD (Re Reports) but now cannot find it in the Forum.  

My response to him is as follows:

Hi Earl

1. Issue has not been resolved.
        2. I have attempted it on a laptop & a PC
        3. I have tried it in both Edge & Chrome.
        4. There are many Users complaining about this issue in the Community Forum pages.  Have a look & you will see they are asking me if this has been resolved.

Can you pass this on to him please and in the interim please advise status of this as it is annoying to have to manually enter Budgets & Variances into spreadsheets.  Earl is obviously not looking under this subject as it is clear many others are having the issue.

Thanks in advance.

John_Wild
    Experienced User

Hi all following this issue.

I am able to see the Budgets & Variances columns in the Export and in View & Print when I use my PC.  It just isn't working when I use the laptop.  Very strange but that info may help somebody.  Support is setting up a Team Viewer session with me possibly tomorrow.

VickiNZ
      Experienced User

Thanks for that update John, I am still having issues and do use a laptop so keen to hear any possible solutions.

Amanda891
      User

John I am also using my PC and not a laptop and for some reason it does not show the budget column in the print screen

Celia_B
        MYOB Moderator

Hi ALl,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We want to assure you that your concern has been escalated to our team of developers for further investigation as a potential software issue. They are diligently working to resolve this matter as swiftly as possible.  

We understand the inconvenience this may have caused, and we appreciate your patience. Once we have an update, we will promptly notify you through this channel. We apologize for any disruption this may have caused.  

Regards, 

Cel

John_Wild
    Experienced User

Hi Amanda and others with this issue. An update for all that are having this issue.  I contacted Support who finally set up a telephone & Team Viewer meeting.  He instantly saw the issues we are having.  He played with it for a while using my current browser (Edge) and then tried again using Chrome but still no result.   He tried it on his system and there wasn't an issue so it's a mystery. I should add at this point it was working on my PC yesterday but today it wasn't.  In the finish he couldn't resolve it and is reporting it to his team.  He hopes to get back to me within 24/48 hours via email.

I will copy you guys in on this when I have their answer.

VickiNZ
      Experienced User

Thanks John, appreciate you updating us.