Forum Discussion

Sueanne1
Contributing User
4 months ago
Solved

Who is (SYSTEM) User in Journal Security Reports

When my Journal Security report states that the user "(SYSTEM)" added a "Receive Money" against an invoice - who is "(SYSTEM)" ??  The report specifies other users with their login user names - but I can't see how "(SYSTEM)" can possibly receive money automatically against an invoice - so who would be logged in as "(SYSTEM)"?

Please explain?!

• Hi Sueanne1

Thank you for sharing your concern with us on this platform.

I understand that the Journal Security Audit report might seem a bit complex due to the system transactions. To clarify, the SYSTEM user is a profile that's designed to record automated activities or background tasks. While it's usually hidden from sections like User Access and User selection in reports, it becomes visible in the Journal Security Audit report. These system actions are generally routine processes that can be disregarded. For example, when a financial year ends, AccountRight automatically creates certain transactions.

Please feel free to reach out if you need any further explanations. We are here to assist you.

Thanks,
    Genreve

1 Reply

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Sueanne1

Thank you for sharing your concern with us on this platform.

I understand that the Journal Security Audit report might seem a bit complex due to the system transactions. To clarify, the SYSTEM user is a profile that's designed to record automated activities or background tasks. While it's usually hidden from sections like User Access and User selection in reports, it becomes visible in the Journal Security Audit report. These system actions are generally routine processes that can be disregarded. For example, when a financial year ends, AccountRight automatically creates certain transactions.

Please feel free to reach out if you need any further explanations. We are here to assist you.

Thanks,
    Genreve