Forum Discussion

Luke_Rigg
Experienced User
2 years ago
Solved

Searching PO against a Job number?

Why cant i search a Purchase Order that has been allocated to a Job?

If i do a repeat Job 2 years down the track, i need to be able to see who, what, & where i purchased materials off.

Why is there no column to search a Job number when viewing Purchase Orders??? Is there a setting somehwere?

• Hi Luke_Rigg 

Jobs are assigned to transactional lines, not invoices/purchases as a whole. Windows like the Invoices/Bills or Find transactions, typically look at the transaction as a whole not the individual line components therefore you wouldn't be able to search by job for those windows.

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Luke_Rigg 

Jobs are assigned to transactional lines, not invoices/purchases as a whole. Windows like the Invoices/Bills or Find transactions, typically look at the transaction as a whole not the individual line components therefore you wouldn't be able to search by job for those windows.

LCrowhurst
      Trusted Cover User

Steven_M wrote:

Hi Luke_Rigg 

we would like this option as well...in MYOB premier we used to be able to allocate a purchase to a job.....not in essentials sadly :manfrustrated:

Luke_Rigg
        Experienced User

The thing is, you CAN allocate a purchase to a job number, but you cant search the purchase orders allocated job number! Thats nuts! You have to be able see later on down the track who and what you purchsed from for that particular job!

Luke_Rigg
      Experienced User

Thats crazy. I would have thought because you can add the Job number in the PO, it would be searchable?

Really something MYOB should look into. Thats a REALLY important thing for traceability.

I'll give PO's a miss. Thanks anyway.