Forum Discussion

activemobility
Trusted Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

amending payment method

From time to time the wrong payment method is entered when in hurry for a cash sale, eg paid by cash instead of  EFTPOS   If method entered originally, I could go into details and amend when I proc...
    2 years ago

Hi activemobility 

Sounds like you have worked out the default payment method and information for a customer is pulled from the Payment Details on their card. This, of course, can be changed at the time of recording the payment if necessary.

In terms of that actual greyed-out Payment Details for Customer payment, it is likely that a deposit transaction has occurred in relation to that order/invoice and therefore has "locked" that payment transaction from allowing changes. Help Article: Customer deposits outlines how to revert back to square one with that payment and invoice so it can be entered afresh - I would weigh up that process in relation to ensuring that payment details are correct as it can be a little messy on your accounts.

If a deposit situation hasn't occurred here are the common other reasons why that would be locked:

• The transaction has been involved in a secondary transaction i.e. a bank deposit or electronic payment
    • Setup>>Preferences>>Security -- Transactions Can't be Changed, They Must be reversed is enabled.