Forum Discussion

Eddies
Contributing User
9 months ago
Solved

Bulk deleting of items in MYOB AccountRight

Is there a way to delete items in bulk in MYOB.

• Hi Eddies

Thanks for posting. 

I understand how there are use cases for bulk deletion of items in AccountRight. Unfortunately, there is no way to do this in the application. Generally, we don't recommend deleting items from the file. We instead suggest inactivating the item if the item is no longer in use. Also, inactivating the item could be done by using the import/export assistant. We will just need to import an item import file to update the items to inactive. Here is the help article Importing data, this would give you more information regarding the process. 

Let us know if you require any further assistance with this. We're happy to help. 

Cheers, 

Genreve

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Eddies

Thanks for posting. 

I understand how there are use cases for bulk deletion of items in AccountRight. Unfortunately, there is no way to do this in the application. Generally, we don't recommend deleting items from the file. We instead suggest inactivating the item if the item is no longer in use. Also, inactivating the item could be done by using the import/export assistant. We will just need to import an item import file to update the items to inactive. Here is the help article Importing data, this would give you more information regarding the process. 

Let us know if you require any further assistance with this. We're happy to help. 

Cheers, 

Genreve

Eddies
      Contributing User

Could you advise which column would be needed to put the item as inactive? I have just imported a lot of data so know how to do that. Just need to know which column I need to update.

Thanks

Sarah

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Eddies

Thanks for posting again. 

In the import field, we could add the Inactive item column. Under the column inside the import file, you could change the value instead of N to Y to inactivate the item. 

Let us know if you still need any assistance. We'll help further. 

Cheers, 
        Genreve