Forum Discussion

LP1
Experienced User
3 years ago
Solved

comments auto populating to next invoice

Hi Team,

Has there been any new updates which enable us to disable the autopopulate of comments over to the next invoice? Its very frustrating as we use comments all the time which are individualised to each customer invoice. I've been waiting since 2008 for this to be fixed during one of the MYOB updates.  If this has occured and someone knows how to resolve I would love to hear from you.

thanks,

Leigh

• Hi LP1 

Just thought I would jump in on this one.

While not a solution, a good workaround that I have seen some users do use and something that I have recommended in the past, is to have a full stop in the Sales Comment on the Customer's card. What this does is forces the comment on each transaction to be a full stop, overwriting the previously stored comment from the last invoice (when the customer is selected). So if you wanted to have a comment, not related to the previous invoice, you can type it in. And more importantly, if there is no comment (or the user misses updating that comment) you just have a full stop in that field, rather than the previous comment.

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Yanike_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi LP1 

Thanks for your post.

In AccountRight manually entered comments on a sale will transpose to the next sale if the sales window is not closed and reopened. If you close the window before entering the next customer, your comment won't auto populate the next invoice.

If you don't do this, you will have to delete the comment from the comment field.

LP1
      Experienced User

Dear Yanike, we tried your suggestion and unfortunately this did not work.  Comments from previously invoice still appeared on next new invoice.

Yanike_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi LP1 

Have you selected the preferred Sale Comment in the customer card>>Selling Details for each customer? This enables you to individualise comments to each customer invoice. When these are filled out in the customer card, each invoice for that customer should populate with the set comments. Could you send me some screenshots if this is not the case?