Forum Discussion

nahaccounts
Experienced User
4 years ago
Solved

Customised Templates

I've finally gotten some time to fix our templates as i noticed that some of them come out wiht the lines all around the boxes. Now that i'm in there fixing the template, i've made the border white on all of them, but if i save the invoice to PDF and occasionally when i email them, the lines are still all appearing.

Anyone come across this?

• Hello nahaccounts 

To my knowledge, the issue of the thin grey outline/boxes surrounding fields on customised invoices is due to the PDF driver which you use to print. A couple of things you can try:

• Open the invoice and select Send To > Disk and save, do the outlines appear?
    • When you open the invoice and select Print and save as PDF, do the outlines appear in the PDF?
    • Which PDF driver are you currently using?
    • If you do not have CutePDF driver installed, please install and give that a go. This is generally a pretty good PDF diver which we have a lot of success with. 

This post and this post have additional troubleshooting steps to try, but it is worth noting that most users who encounter this issue find that it can be narrowed down to the PDF driver they use.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Emily_B
    Former Staff

Hello nahaccounts 

To my knowledge, the issue of the thin grey outline/boxes surrounding fields on customised invoices is due to the PDF driver which you use to print. A couple of things you can try:

• Open the invoice and select Send To > Disk and save, do the outlines appear?
    • When you open the invoice and select Print and save as PDF, do the outlines appear in the PDF?
    • Which PDF driver are you currently using?
    • If you do not have CutePDF driver installed, please install and give that a go. This is generally a pretty good PDF diver which we have a lot of success with. 

This post and this post have additional troubleshooting steps to try, but it is worth noting that most users who encounter this issue find that it can be narrowed down to the PDF driver they use.