Forum Discussion

Kirra27
Contributing User
2 years ago
Solved

Customising credits on customer statements

Hi,

Currently when we generate customer statements, any invoices that are in credit appear with a negative sign, i.e. -$99.00. We find that a lot of our customers don't see the negative sign which causes confusion. Is there a way to customise the statement so that invoices in credit appear in brackets instead, i.e. ($99.00) and possibly even in a different colour? 

Thanks in advance 

• Hi Kirra27 

The currency settings for your statements are based on your Windows currency settings. So there is no direct way in the software to have those negative values to show within brackets. 

However, you could close AccountRight, navigate to your Windows Currency settings (within the Control Panel) and update the display of negative numbers to be brackets and then produce those statements in AccountRight.

Just tested it in on my own AccountRight and I was able to have those brackets:

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Kirra27 

The currency settings for your statements are based on your Windows currency settings. So there is no direct way in the software to have those negative values to show within brackets. 

However, you could close AccountRight, navigate to your Windows Currency settings (within the Control Panel) and update the display of negative numbers to be brackets and then produce those statements in AccountRight.

Just tested it in on my own AccountRight and I was able to have those brackets: