Forum Discussion

Gyan90
User
3 months ago
Solved

double payment to supplier

Hi,

We have managed to pay the same invoice twice without realising. The company is going to credit the 2nd payment to a new invoice instead of refunding. The amount is for $186.

I have closed the bill with one of the payments but now have $186 sitting in my bank freeds with no where to go.

I need to allocate it somewhere so i can reconcile the account for the month, but also be able to apply it to this future invoice whenever it arrives. Can i create a credit note or something with this company?

• You just post both payments to the same invoice - this creates a credit.  When you get the new invoice you can allocate the credit to that invoice

Good luck

Karoman

7 Replies

Karoman55
    Experienced Cover User

You just post both payments to the same invoice - this creates a credit.  When you get the new invoice you can allocate the credit to that invoice

Good luck

Karoman

Gyan90
      User

so, to clarify.

I have bought up the bank feed item.

"pay bill"

found the closed invoice with a $0.00 balance

applied the $186 to that bill

hit record, it then advises me "this will result in 1 Debit memo....." that i can apply to a future transaction

Karoman55
        Experienced Cover User

Then you are all over it!  Well done.  When you get another invoice from them you can allocate the credit to it and pay the difference

Karoman

Karoman55
    Experienced Cover User

To stop that happening in the future you can go into your preferences and check the box that says Warn for duplicate.

Karoman

Gyan90
      User

It was paid in store over eftpos on collection, but then also got paid over net bank because we got a payment reminder from their accounting software. just a one off whoops hopefully.