Forum Discussion

H-TS
Trusted User
3 years ago
Solved

How do I remove the asterisk warning on a duplicate field on sales invoice template?

Hi,

How do I remove the asterisk warnings for a duplicate field on an invoice template? I want to have the invoice number showing at the top right but also show it as the reference to be used when paying by EFT. One or the other instance ends up with asterisks around it and I actually had a customer contact me to say their bank won't let them enter the * character in the reference field.  

*Note: This is not a duplicate invoice number warning, but a duplicate field on the custom invoice template. 

Side note: I love that now I'm into 5 digit invoice numbers instead of 4, the leading 0000s have disappeared. :) YIPPEEE! If only I'd known the solution was so simple.

• Hi 

I would suggest you go into the form and check what is in the ref text box and see if the astericks are in there. Remove if there otherwise,

I would suggest you copy what is in the invoice number box into the ref text box so that they are the same.

Hope this solves your problem 

Lisa

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    LRBooks61
    Ultimate Cover User

Hi 

I would suggest you go into the form and check what is in the ref text box and see if the astericks are in there. Remove if there otherwise,

I would suggest you copy what is in the invoice number box into the ref text box so that they are the same.

Hope this solves your problem 

Lisa

H-TS
      Trusted User

Thanks LRBooks61 

They aren't text boxes but looking at them with fresh eyes after reading your response, I can see one field was "invoice number" and the other was "invoice/po number". I copied and pasted the invoice number field and now it appears to be working.