Forum Discussion

Bassem
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Invoices auto numbering

Hi There

My invoice auto numbering has changed ( out of no where) to incorrect numbers. I think after I upgraded to AR 2022.7.

Even when I retype the correct invoice number MYOB is reverting back to the incorrect sequence numbers  and not taking the following number from the the one I retyped. Any help on this issue?

Thanks

• Hi Bassem 

By default each time an invoice or purchase is created it tries to use the next number in the internal sequence.  Occasionally, the invoice number autonumber sequence can get pulled out of sequence, especially if transactions are deleted or transactions are recorded out of order.

To remedy that situation you want to go into the invoice number field on the required sale, update the invoice number on that field to be the required number and if that is not working for you, you may need to jump ahead to a higher number (i.e. If the last number in sequence was 100 the next number should be 120). This should start the sequence from that number correctly. 

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Komal_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Bassem 

By default each time an invoice or purchase is created it tries to use the next number in the internal sequence.  Occasionally, the invoice number autonumber sequence can get pulled out of sequence, especially if transactions are deleted or transactions are recorded out of order.

To remedy that situation you want to go into the invoice number field on the required sale, update the invoice number on that field to be the required number and if that is not working for you, you may need to jump ahead to a higher number (i.e. If the last number in sequence was 100 the next number should be 120). This should start the sequence from that number correctly. 

Bassem
      Experienced Cover User

Thank you very much Komal. That solved the issue