Forum Discussion

Judy02
Experienced User
4 years ago
Solved

multiple Bin Locations for an item

I am setting up bin locations for the products in Accountright 2020.2 and I want to know if I can allocated a product to mulitple bin locations.  Examples 6 items in stock.  3 are in bin location 1A and 3 and in bin location 4b. 

• Hello Judy02 

To my knowledge, the use of multiple bin locations for items was available in AccountRight Enterprise v19. In later iterations of the software (201X.X, 2020.X) inventory is managed, tracked, and stored differently. For example, in AccountRight Premier 2019 and onwards, if you store inventory at multiple locations, you can keep track of item quantities held at each location by recording the:

When you create one or more locations for inventory, a Location field is added to the Purchases and Sales windows. This means when you record an item's purchase or sale, you can type or select the receiving or selling location for the item in this field. I recommend having a look at our Help Article on Multiple inventory locations as well as the above linked Move items between locations.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Emily_B
    Former Staff

Hello Judy02 

To my knowledge, the use of multiple bin locations for items was available in AccountRight Enterprise v19. In later iterations of the software (201X.X, 2020.X) inventory is managed, tracked, and stored differently. For example, in AccountRight Premier 2019 and onwards, if you store inventory at multiple locations, you can keep track of item quantities held at each location by recording the:

When you create one or more locations for inventory, a Location field is added to the Purchases and Sales windows. This means when you record an item's purchase or sale, you can type or select the receiving or selling location for the item in this field. I recommend having a look at our Help Article on Multiple inventory locations as well as the above linked Move items between locations.