Forum Discussion

microheat
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Purchase Refund for two credits

Does anyone know if you can allocated a refund from a supplier against two spearate credits in one process?

We currently have a supplier who has issued 2 separate credit/adj notes over different months but has decided to refund us with one total repayment to our bank.

As far as I can see, MYOB wont allow me to select both credit items to process the repayment in a similar way that we have the option to 'pay all' when selecting a specific suppliers invoices to pay.

I appreciate that I can record this as two separate transactions but just wondered if anyone knows a way that these can be combined and allocated against the one refund?

Thanks 

• Hi microheat 

Thanks for your post. You'll need to record two separate refund transactions, however, tick the Undeposited funds box so the Deposit to account is the Undeposited funds account:

Then go to Banking>>Prepare bank deposit>>tick both refund transactions and Record:

You'll then have one deposit transaction to match with the one refund amount in your bank.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi microheat 

Thanks for your post. You'll need to record two separate refund transactions, however, tick the Undeposited funds box so the Deposit to account is the Undeposited funds account:

Then go to Banking>>Prepare bank deposit>>tick both refund transactions and Record:

You'll then have one deposit transaction to match with the one refund amount in your bank.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

microheat
      Experienced Cover User

Many thanks Tracey for taking the time to reply and provide a solution.

The workaround seems obvious now that you have explained it - but at the time I couldn't see the wood for the trees!!

Thanks Again

David