Forum Discussion

Aileen_6300
Experienced Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

Sharepoint compatibility.

Hi there

Our organisation is now using Sharepoint for file storage etc.

Am I able to share to the MYOB 'In Tray' direct from there, or will I have to download the files to bring them to MYOB?  I found a similar question on the forum and it was responded to at the time (2017) by Neil_M stating that it can't be done. 

Just wondering if this has changed since then as more and more businesses are using Sharepoint.

If not, is it going to be addressed sometime in the near future?  The work around (downloading the files to upload them to MYOB) seems a bit archaic.

I would appreciate your advice on this, thank you.  

• Hi Aileen_6300 

There are a variety of methods for getting a document uploaded to a company file's In Tray, these include:

• Sending the document to your AccountRight In Tray email address
    • Uploading the document using the Add Documents option
    • Drag and dropping the document directly onto the In Tray

To my knowledge, additional methods, such as connection with Sharepoint or other file hosting systems, are not an area that we are looking into for the In Tray at this time. Note: This doesn't rule out that it may be available in the future, just nothing in the foreseeable future.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Aileen_6300 

There are a variety of methods for getting a document uploaded to a company file's In Tray, these include:

• Sending the document to your AccountRight In Tray email address
    • Uploading the document using the Add Documents option
    • Drag and dropping the document directly onto the In Tray

To my knowledge, additional methods, such as connection with Sharepoint or other file hosting systems, are not an area that we are looking into for the In Tray at this time. Note: This doesn't rule out that it may be available in the future, just nothing in the foreseeable future.

Aileen_6300
      Experienced Cover User

Thank you Steven_M I'll try the drag n drop method.  if I need it how do I find the in tray email address?

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi Aileen_6300 

Within the Purchases>>In Tray, you'll have the option at the top of the window for Email address. Selecting that one would show you your In Tray's email address. As the address is a lengthy one, there is a copy email address on that window.