Forum Discussion

28 days ago
Solved

Unexpected import error - Attempted to divide by zero.

I'm attempting to import a bill which I complete each month. When I import it presents the error "Error 0: Unexpected import error - Attempted to divide by zero.". Can someone assist in what this means? There is no long numbers in my template. No duplicate item numbers. I don't include discount terms.

MMartin26
    28 days ago

All good, the issue was that it couldn't read the tax code 'N-T' so I updated it to 'GST' in my template and manually adjusted the lines when imported. Thanks.

3 Replies

Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi MMartin26,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum!

It seems like the "divide by zero" error you're encountering during the import process might be related to a calculation in your import file where a number is being divided by zero. This could be due to a discount or a quantity field in your import file. To further look into this, please try to update your AccountRight to the latest version and attempt to import it again to see if it'll help resolve the error. If the issue persists, could you upload the error log and the import file?

I would also recommend reviewing this Help article, Using an Import Template, for some guidance.

Feel free to post anytime you need further assistance.

Cheers,

Princess

MMartin26
      User

All good, the issue was that it couldn't read the tax code 'N-T' so I updated it to 'GST' in my template and manually adjusted the lines when imported. Thanks.

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi MMartin26,

We're glad that your issue has been resolved. Please feel free to create a post again if you encounter issues in the future.

Best regards,

Doreen