Forum Discussion

8 months ago
Solved

Accountright employee self onboard selected employer expense instead of Superannuation

We had a new employee start and they entered their details via employee self onboarding and their superannuation was entered as an employer expense rather than superannuation. I have since updated this but when I go to reports and print the payroll superannuation report it doesnt show any of this particular employees balances for the prior payruns that had the employer expense account checked. How do I update their balance to show on the report or transfer the balance?

Earl_HD
    7 months ago

Hi freshford,

My apologies for the late response. To correct the situation, kindly process a void with only the super guarantee and employer expense amount. Before proceeding, make sure to tick the employer expense again. Once done, please process a void pay. When processing a void pay, enter a negative amount against the employer expense field and a positive amount against the super guarantee field. With this, it allows you to transfer the accrued super from the employer expense to super guarantee. 

After processing, you may check the reports again to see if accrued super has been transferred.

Please do let me know how you go on this.
    Regards,
    Earl

4 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, freshford

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

To move forward with your concern, kindly check the previous pay runs of the employee to make sure that he was able to accrue superannuation from those previous pay runs. Also, please see if the superannuation is linked to the employee card file and if it is ticked.

Please feel free to reach out to us.

Best regards,

Doreen

freshford
      User

Yes they were accruing super but I've done an adjustment that will go through this pay run as it was being caluclated at 10%. They were accruing super under Employer expenses rather than super and this was setup at 10% not the correct 11%.

Yes Superannuation is linked to the card file. It wasn't to start with but it is now which is the issue.

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi freshford,

My apologies for the late response. To correct the situation, kindly process a void with only the super guarantee and employer expense amount. Before proceeding, make sure to tick the employer expense again. Once done, please process a void pay. When processing a void pay, enter a negative amount against the employer expense field and a positive amount against the super guarantee field. With this, it allows you to transfer the accrued super from the employer expense to super guarantee. 

After processing, you may check the reports again to see if accrued super has been transferred.

Please do let me know how you go on this.
        Regards,
        Earl

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, freshford

We would like to follow up on your concern. Kindly let us know if you still need further assistance. Don't hesitate to reach out to us. We are delighted to assist you.

Best regards,

Doreen