Forum Discussion

emcaravans
Trusted User
3 years ago
Solved

CAN'T REVERSE SUPER PAYMENT

Today I attempted to reverse my super payment to reprocess it.

I went to Manage Payments, clicked on the January Payment arrow (which still has "Funds Requested" in the status window).

Then I clicked on Edit and Reverse pay Superannuation and clicked Ok to Reverse the transaction.

Clicked on Record Reversal. The right hand coloumn cam up with red x's against every employee. The Total Superannuation Payment Amount is a negative figure and if I click on Record Reversal again. Nothing happens and if I go back to the Manage Payments screen the transaction is still listed as Funds requested.

When I hover over any line, it says "This superannuation amount has already been processed or reversed", but does not show updated status in the Manage Payments Window so I don't know whether it has been processed or reversed!!

What now???

(After looking around my MYOB file, I noticed in the the Transaction Journal of the Payroll Window that the Reversal has been recorded and dated the same day as I orignally made the Super Payment (10.2.22). Last week I was told to perform a reversal which I did (and dated it the 10.2.22) and according to the Journal this Reversal has gone through, but the Manage Payments window is still saying "Funds Requested".

If I go to the Pay Superannuation Window and put in the dates for the original super payment 1.1.22 to 31.1.22, it brings up those transactions to be processed and the balance amount is what was originally debited and then recredited to my account.

This makes me assume that the Jan transaction has been reversed and that I can go ahead and process it again. To check this, I entered December's dates in and nothing came up for payment (as I processed this transaction in January).

I understand some people's Manage Payment windows are saying "Processing Payment" but some of us have "Funds Requested" instead so I have to assume that the "Funds Requested" status next to my old payment is an error that just won't change.)

• Hi emcaravans 

Each Pay Superannuation transaction can only be reversed once. The error message you received from the red X indicates that that particular pay super transaction has already been reversed, thus prevent it from being reversed again. 

Those super contributions that was included in this Pay Super transactions should re-appear in the Pay Superannuation window again, provided they haven't been re-processed already. As you mentioned, they are appearing there to be re-processed for you. 

Both 'Funds requested' and 'processing payment' are status occurs after authorising the payment, reversing a pay super transaction does not change the status immediately. Assuming you received an email advising to reverse the authorised Pay Super transaction, then please feel free to reverse the re-process it. 

12 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CloverQ
    Former Staff

Hi emcaravans 

Each Pay Superannuation transaction can only be reversed once. The error message you received from the red X indicates that that particular pay super transaction has already been reversed, thus prevent it from being reversed again. 

Those super contributions that was included in this Pay Super transactions should re-appear in the Pay Superannuation window again, provided they haven't been re-processed already. As you mentioned, they are appearing there to be re-processed for you. 

Both 'Funds requested' and 'processing payment' are status occurs after authorising the payment, reversing a pay super transaction does not change the status immediately. Assuming you received an email advising to reverse the authorised Pay Super transaction, then please feel free to reverse the re-process it. 

met
      Experienced Cover User

I've had a similar issue and cannot get a response fromMYOB after I was requested to send a private message. I have waited 2 weeks and cannot get a reply.

I processed a super batch and have 'Processing Payment' as the status but the payment has never come out of our account.  I deleted the batch to see if I could re process (I can see that it has been reversed in the Ledger) and I can re create the batch but the original batch is still appearing in the Manage Payments windows with the status as 'Processing Payment'.

What should I do please.

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi met and emcaravans 

Due to the changes in the way super is processed new payments will update to Completed as SuperChoice is now processing super payments. The Status of the original payment won't update.

Please let us know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.