Forum Discussion

jenni
Experienced Cover User
8 months ago
Solved

Employee self-onboarding not working

Hi,

I have an employee who finished working for us in July.  After entering a termination date as 5/7/2023, I inactivated his card.  He has now started back with us as a casual.  I have been advised by our accountant to create a new card for him rather than re-activating the old card.  MYOB employee self-onboarding is not creating a new card or sending an email even though it says it has in the on screen pop-up.  I have tried 4 times with no success.  Can someone let me know what I am doing wrong and how I can enter the employee as a new employee please?

Thanks,

Jenni

jenni
    8 months ago

Hi Princess_R 

Thanks for your reply.  

I think we have worked it out.  I believe STP2 is not creating a new card because the TFN is linked to the existing card (albeit inactive) with transactions within this financial year.  As I said, no email is being sent to employee from MYOB and no new card created.

I have reactivated the existing card and deleted the start and termination dates.  

When I ran payroll it popped up that the card didn't meet ATO STP2 standards, so I entered the new start date and it worked.

Thanks again for your assistance.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Jenni,

Thank you for your post.

The only possible reason I can think of is that the employee card is active, and it already has the record in the file, and I do think that the Self- onboarding form is for a new employee for them to submit their information straight to the file. Most likely, what is happening is that when an employee fills out the employee self-onboarding form and then submits it, it's not creating a new card file since there is an existing employee card file. I would suggest not creating a new card but instead removing the termination date from the employee's card file, same with the EOFY termination tab, then activating the card again or you may try to manually create the card file.

Please let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'd be more than happy to help.

Cheers,

Princess

jenni
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Princess_R 

Thanks for your reply.  

I think we have worked it out.  I believe STP2 is not creating a new card because the TFN is linked to the existing card (albeit inactive) with transactions within this financial year.  As I said, no email is being sent to employee from MYOB and no new card created.

I have reactivated the existing card and deleted the start and termination dates.  

When I ran payroll it popped up that the card didn't meet ATO STP2 standards, so I entered the new start date and it worked.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Jenni,

Thank you for the update. I'm delighted to hear that you've successfully figured out and resolved the issue. Your resourcefulness and determination are truly commendable. Please feel free to create a new post again if you need help in the future. I'd be more than happy to help you.

Cheers,

Princess