Forum Discussion

Assist455
Experienced Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

EOY Payroll

Hello

My verification report did not balance to the payroll register, I found that I had marked Parental leave as not reportable.

I had already sent the final to the ATO, I unmarked the persons and did a 0 payrun to fix the error, and then changed the parental leave category to gross wages and reran another payroll.

However, this has not changed the totals.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

thanks in advance.

Melisa_D
    4 years ago

Hi Assist455

Apologies for the delay in my response, if the Parental leave needs to be reported in gross wages PAYG withholding should be unticked within the exempt window. 

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Assist455

Thank you for your post. I would recommend checking to see if PAYG withholding has been exempted against the Parental leave category. To check this please go to the payroll category > Select the blue zoom arrow > Click on exempt > If its ticked, please untick it and save the category. Once saved please run a $0.00 payrun through to Payroll reporting. 

Please do let me know how you go. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Assist455
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Melisa

Thanks for responding, in the 2020 version it is already exempt, "Parental Laeave is EXEMPT from the following tax & deductions.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Melisa_D
        Former Staff

Hi Assist455

Apologies for the delay in my response, if the Parental leave needs to be reported in gross wages PAYG withholding should be unticked within the exempt window.