Forum Discussion

pcccjashy6018
Contributing Cover User
2 years ago

GrossAmount Error: The derived aggregated gross YTD amount must not be a negative amount (ATO error code: CMN.ATO.PAYEVNTEMP.000389)

Hi, just my first payroll reporting with STP phase 2 and not able to report for employee with salary packaging. The error message "GrossAmount Error: The derived aggregated gross YTD amount must not be a negative amount (ATO error code: CMN.ATO.PAYEVNTEMP.000389)", But i don't have any negative amount under any pay items??Could anyone assist ?

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SamaraM
    Former Staff

Hi pcccjashy6018 

Thank you for your post. We have been made aware of a situation where this error occurs when attempting to report a pay run using the desktop version with Salary Sacrifice where the amounts result in a net pay of $0.

Our team are working on a fix, but in the interim as a workaround, you can Open your AccountRight company file in a web browser, and should be able to record the pay with the salary sacrifice amount on the browser. 

if you have any further questions please let me know.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.