Forum Discussion

JennyPTA
Trusted Cover User
7 months ago
Solved

incorrect pay entry

Hi, I have recorded an incorrect pay for an employee. How do I rectify the error?

• JennyPTA 

You'll need to record a reversal of the original. (I always create my reversals manually rather than using the built in MYOB reversal capability - becuase of past bugs which I have not recently tested to see if they have been squished)

Then create a new wage with the correct info.

6 Replies

Freman
    Trusted Partner

JennyPTA 

You'll need to record a reversal of the original. (I always create my reversals manually rather than using the built in MYOB reversal capability - becuase of past bugs which I have not recently tested to see if they have been squished)

Then create a new wage with the correct info.

JennyPTA
      Trusted Cover User

Hi, I entered in the reversal manually but the original amount I incorrectly paid is showing up on the bank reconciliation in MYOB. How do I get rid of that?

Freman
        Trusted Partner

JennyPTA 

In the Bank Renconciliation you should have a withdraw (unticked) for the original wrong transaction and another deposit (unticked) for the reversal you entered. These 2 transactions should knock one another out and so you can then tick both as reconciled.

The newly created correct wage transaction will auto tick as reconciled when you approve it in the BankFeeds screen.

Can I also clarify - in the BankFeed you should have a withdrawal amount waiting for the Corrected Wage transaction? Or was the net amount of the original wage transaction correct despite the errors in it (ie only some components that were in error bu thte net remained the same).

If this was the case then its likely that you have already matched the BankFeed entry to the wage transaction that had errors. This is OK the only diference here is that the reonciliation screen will have an unticked deposit (the reversal that you did) and an unticked withdraw (for the new corrected wage transaction) that will knock each other out (tick them both).

Leneth_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi JennyPTA

Thanks for your post and welcome here to the Community Forum. Thank you for bringing your concern to us. We regret that you are facing challenges fixing the incorrect pay of the employee and we appreciate your understanding during this time. 

Regarding your inquiry, there are different ways to fix the incorrect pay depending on your scenario. If you want to remove or "undo" a payment that you have sent to the ATO, you will be able to delete or reverse it based on its status in the payroll reporting center. You can delete a payment if its status is Rejected, but if the status is Accepted you can only reverse it.

This ensures you are not deleting anything that has already been accepted by the ATO. Pay runs will remain listed in the payroll reporting center even after deleting or reversing a payment in AccountRight. You will find more information and instructions on the different ways to fix the pay of the employee on our Help Article: Changing a recorded pay. Also, I would like to express my gratitude to Freman for his contributions and knowledge-sharing here in the community.

Please do not hesitate to post again if you need help in the future. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information. 

Cheers,  
    Leneth