Forum Discussion

elizabethpoff
Experienced User
9 months ago

MYOB PAYROLL- during outage

Hello, during the outage last week, I had to process the payroll manually on a worksheet.  Now that the system is back up, I am trying to process the payroll, with the same values, however MYOB is calculating the PAYGW slightly differently and wont allow me to put my numbers in (only 0.5c the difference), however I would like to do this correctly.  I use the online version to prepare the payroll.   I tried to log into the MYOB Accountright (desktop), but the payroll is not there and it causes an error and MYOB shuts down.   So that my payroll reconciles and I report the correct amounts to the ATO, please advise how to work around this.  Thank you

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, elizabethpoff 

Thanks for your post.

The calculation for PAYG is based on the tax table set up in the card file of an employee. If PAYG is calculated incorrectly, there may be wages or deductions that were exempt from PAYG. Kindly check the payroll category used and see if there's an exemption to PAYG. To do this, go to Payroll > Payroll Categories > Select the correct tab > Then click Exempt and check that the PAYG Withholding category is not selected. You may also check The Help Article: Taxes for more information.

Please let us know how it goes. We are eager to hear back from you.

Best regards,

Doreen

elizabethpoff
      Experienced User

Hello Doreen, thank you for this, however this does not resolve the issue. 

The problem is that using the ATO Weekly Tx Tables, the Tx Table for weekly earnings of 1098.75 (Tx Free Threshold is $196.00), however MYOB calculates at 196.05 - and I cannot override this.   

I had to process the payroll last Thursday when MYOB was not available for 24 hours, and so my manual calculated where used to pay the employees their Net Amount. 

Now that I need to go back and process through MYOB Payroll, I cannot get the amounts to match and therefore 

I thought that I should be able to manually adjust the PAYGW - but this does not appear to be available. 

I have uploaded the screen shots.    I thought that perhaps I just add a PAYGW category as 'adjustment' but MYOB wont allow me to do this either. 

I appreciate your help,

Thank you

I appreciate your help. 

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi, elizabethpoff 

Please let us know if you require any further assistance with your concern. Don't hesitate to reach out. We are delighted to assist you.

Best regards,

Doreen