Forum Discussion

Di64
Trusted Cover User
6 months ago
Solved

Payroll - Journalling between categories.

Hi all.

So,  I have two major payroll categories set up, both go to Gross pay, 

One is Base Hourly, the other is Manufacturing Hourly.

Manufacturing hours overrides  to COG

I need to move hours for some employees from base hourly to manufacturing hourly, so i can account for their work on production floor.

How do i best do this?  I need to go back to July 1st,  I have done an audit on the payroll and what needs to be moved for each employee, if i have to do a GJ it is in dollar value,  anyway i can do it somwhere as hours, not dollars.  

I am assuming it will be in payroll, but how much of a head ache will it be.  Can i do one transaction for each employee for each month???   Nothing will change monetarily.   

so happy to do this this time of year.......

Thanks in advance

• Hi Di64

Thanks for posting your concern in the forum. 

I understand the need to correct the pay runs that are already recorded in the file. Generally, we create an adjustment pay to correct previously created pay runs. The adjustment pay will include just the amount difference in the amount of hours between each hourly pay item. I recommend reading through this article, Fixing a Pay. This will provide further information about correcting previous pay runs. 

Let us know if you require any other assistance. 

Thanks,
    Genreve

1 Reply

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Di64

Thanks for posting your concern in the forum. 

I understand the need to correct the pay runs that are already recorded in the file. Generally, we create an adjustment pay to correct previously created pay runs. The adjustment pay will include just the amount difference in the amount of hours between each hourly pay item. I recommend reading through this article, Fixing a Pay. This will provide further information about correcting previous pay runs. 

Let us know if you require any other assistance. 

Thanks,
    Genreve